The Genius But Very Weird New Way To Slice Potatoes
Like Bubba and his many types of shrimp in the movie Forrest Gump, Potatoes can be cooked in many different ways. This is why potatoes are ranked number one for so many families. Honestly, potatoes are a huge staple in my house and we eat them so often that I’m starting to get tired of always eating them the same way. Do you or anyone you know feel the same way? Then keep reading because I am about to change your entire thinking on potatoes. I, like so many others out there, have always sliced my baked potato down the middle and then added my ingredients. But, thanks to this video, I can experience my baked potato in a new way and enjoying it so much more.
And, just so everyone can experience this awesome new way to make a baked potato, here is the recipe for you to use:
INGREDIENTS THAT ARE NEEDED:
• 4 Medium russet potatoes
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 1 tablespoon of melted butter
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• First preheat your oven to 475F (250C)
• Cut a thin slice off the bottom of the potato. This step is to help ensure that the potatoes don’t roll around
• Next, cut about twenty slices across your potatoes. Make sure not to cut all the way through. It’s best to leave about a half of an inch uncut.
• Mix the oil and the melted butter together in a small bowl. Then, with the potatoes placed on a baking sheet, brush a generous amount of butter and oil mixture on each potato. You should use about half of the mixture. Next, sprinkle the salt over the potatoes. You can add extra if you desire to do so.
• Place your potatoes in the oven and bake for about thirty minutes.
• Next, remove your potatoes and brush them with the remaining butter and oil mixture. Then, return to oven and continue to bake them for an additional 45 minutes. Make sure to check your potatoes. I know mine sometimes take a little longer than the recipe says.
Want to add some extra ingredients? Why not try adding some minced garlic and chopped parsley to the butter and oil mixture. Or add some shredded cheese to your potatoes while they are in the oven. There are numerous ways to change up your potato routine just by loading them up with your favorite ingredients.
I loved this video so much that I can’t wait to try out this new idea. And I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. If so, make sure to share this idea with your family and friends. Just click SHARE below to make sure all your potato loving people know about it.